Off The Coast

Monday, April 02, 2007

My return

I'm back from my break.

It wasn't really a break from anything, except this blog. Let's see. What have I done in the past month...

I packed up everything I own.
Moved 800 miles north.
Unpacked.
Mudded, sanded and painted my walls.
Traveled to my sister's hockey tournament.
Started my new job.
Relearned how to edit tape to tape (not easy for a young pup like me).
Learned new live trucks.
Learned how to run the Helicopter camera.
Found out how to get on every major highway from my new station downtown.
IMG_0309.JPG
(picture is not the station, but is downtown)
Covered, on two separate days in the span of one week, two separate instances of the recovery of 60+ dogs from two separate puppy mills.
Covered my team's new basketball coach...
Tubby Presser
(You wish you're team had a coach like that)
... and a triple homicide on the same day.
And most importantly, I have had dinner with my nephews three times and went to the zoo with them on Friday. Awwwwww.

I'm liking this move up, though it is a bit harder to adjust to some things... The size of the town... The lack of parking... The number of good photographers... But, most notably, the number of journalists in this town. Ridiculous! Not only are there a lot, but everyone is at everything.
IMG_0320.JPG
Three 10 o'clock lives shots within 20 feet of each other, in a lobby playing loud muzak with a bad echo. Yeah...

2 Comments:

At 12:49 AM, April 03, 2007 , Blogger Unknown said...

welcome home kido

 
At 12:14 PM, April 04, 2007 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

probably time to rename the blog, huh? how about El Norte...although that sounds more like a blog i'd start. I like to pretend I speak Spanish really well and put El in front of things.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home