Encased in Ice
Mayes county has been declared a disater area and officials are requesting that people just stay out. The residents have been with power and water for five days and it's likely that they won't have power until the weekend. But another storm is forecasted to hit on Saturday, so who really knows what will happen. People are living in shelters or they're trying to make do in their homes. It's a terrible situation.
The ice has toppled trees and power lines. It's an inch thick on everything... No really, everything. It's really hard to grasp what it truly looks like until you see it for yourself. It's not like a layer of snow. Snow doesn't build up around wires in a fence and doesn't encase individual blades of grass. It truly makes everything look incredible. I just wish is wasn't so destructive. Then I could actually enjoy the view.

2 Comments:
Love the photo. I know people are hurting but these events often produce wonderful shots.
Quite a contrast to where I am with fires.
stay safe.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home