Ice Storm
It's Saturday.
Small ice chucks are pelting the ground.
Every TV weather guy is telling everyone to stay home.
I have to go to work.
I'm not a fan of getting called in on my day off, but I really don't mind covering the weather. It's really not that hard. You take a few of the usual suspects... icy roads, cold, sleet, stranded travelers, power outages, airport cancellations... Shake 'em up and you have a weather event of catostrophic events... At least that's what we tell you.
All I know is that every time the weather changes, I need to shoot highway driving video. It's a good thing I know all the good places to shoot highway video.

Check out that angle. I know you're jealous.
I covered the airport today. Someone had to. Everyone there had a good story about their travels. We talked to four people with good stories and knew we couldn't interview anyone else. But it seemed like each traveler we talked to had a better story than the last.
Back at the station, all the people who were stuck inside had a bit of cabin fever.

That's what happens when you do cut-ins every... single... half-hour... from 7am to news time.
I finished my pack at 3:30 and got to go home early. The day turned out all right. Acutally, I think the hardest part of the day was de-icing the car before work.

I love my ice-scraper.

1 Comments:
ice blows.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home