A bit off
My day started early. Working mainly nightside shifts, I'm not used to waking up before 10 am. This morning I was up just after 6 and at the station by 7:30. I don't know if it was the new shift or the early morning, but the whole day I was just out of whack.
On the 7:30 shift, the first event of the day is a live shot for the morning show. I drove out to the location, set up the truck, and tried to tune in a shot to the first tower. It didn't work. We tried the second tower. No go. The third tower was much the same. My shot was at 8:45, I think it was about 8:30. I brought the mast down, moved the truck and tried again. We got the shot, I ran cable, dialed IFB and was ready to go and they dropped it. Frustrating... I hate failing before 9 am. It makes the day tough.
After shooting a VOSOT, I went back to the station and picked up Janna, my reporter for the day, and we headed off to Muskogee. I was fine getting to the town. I've been there a lot since the ice storms. But we started following the directions given to us and every turn I made was wrong. We went right... it should be left. We went left... it should be right... All across town this happened. It took probably a half an hour longer than it should have.
When we finally made it, I got the gear out of the car and my wireless microphone was missing. Damn. I've never left my wireless before. We still had the wireless stick, so I wasn't screwed. I started shooting and it didn't feel right. I was missing shots. I couldn't get in a groove. I just wasn't feeling it. The whole shoot just didn't feel right. I had no idea how the story was going to come together.
We finished and had time for lunch. We got exact directions to the place and I still couldn't get there. Ridiculous... I'm usually good at directions, but today I just couldn't get anywhere.
After lunch, things turned for the better. I got back to the station without having to turn around. The story edited together well and I was actually surprised that it turned out alright. Best of all, I found my mic at the spot where I shot my morning live shot.
I think I'm going to sleep in tomorrow.

1 Comments:
nice template.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home