demotion?
3pm to midnight.
I've been relegated to this awkward shift for the week and let me tell you... It's full of thrills. I come in too late to work with a reporter and I leave too early to help much with the overnight crew.
What do I get to do?

Teleprompt. woo.
Sitting for an hour, staring at a monitor, reading along to all the news of the night, keeping up with the anchors/reporters who all read at different speeds and ad lib at random times...

And it's dark in there. I sit in the room with the audio guy. He's pretty cool, but you can't really hold a conversation and read and listen to the anchor at the same time so there's little said. I think the part I dislike the most is the 12 other people I hear in my ear over the headset. The director, producer, camera guys... I have to listen to what they're saying and still pay attention to my lovely anchor so I don't get behind. It's definitely a job for a multi-tasker.
I ran prompter for the 5-6 hour, killed time, took dinner, killed time, then ran prompter for the 9-10 show. But I still had two hours before I could leave,
so I sat at the desk. While listening to the bank of scanners, blaring ambulance calls and directing officers to suspicious goings-on,

I slid colored puff ball characters into groups of three hoping to get to the next level.

So that was Monday. Where did I find myself Tuesday?

Right back in the booth.

Sliding the little wheel in time with the anchor's delivery. As I did Monday, I ran the prompter for both shows. I don't think I've been so informed about the day's news as I have been the past two days.
I won't be surprised if I have to go back in the booth tomorrow, but I will shoot something tomorrow! I don't care if it's simply pretty weather video. I need to get out of that building.
Cause this isn't working.

1 Comments:
I love the pics. Try to stay awake. Enjoy your down time because nextweek you'll be working fifty or sixty hours. Do you have hurricanes out there? Ha Ha.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home