Daybreak
The trouble with being new to town and being stuck editing all day is that my life is pretty monotonous. But I don't think I've written much about the changes going on around here.
The newsroom is crazy right now. The powers that be are adding a morning show and a noon show. That's five more hours of news each day. Currently we do two, so it's quite an undertaking. They announced it right before February sweeps and, by the way, and it goes live in the middle of April. AHHHHHHH!
We have candidates coming out our ears. Monday alone there was a weather guy, and 2 producers. I think there's a hiring commitee meeting every afternoon. We have already gotten a new reporter, and a new producer and others are coming soon. Some of the current people are moving to mornings and some don't know yet. Did I mention that we start rehearsals in 2 weeks and we don't have an anchor team yet? But there is a fancy logo, so we got that going for us.
Basically it's complete chaos and I love it.
Sure, I have some concerns, but it's fun to watch it all come together. We are getting some 25 new people all at once. That means everyday something new appears... new computers showing up at empty desks, new gear being tested, new people starting everyday... It's craziness. Just Thursday, I walked into my edit bay at 9 AM and when I walked out at 3PM the weather wall shifted positions and changed from blue to bright green.
I couldn't tell you who is going to have what schedule. Producers are flip-flopping shows, APs are becoming producers, reporters are moving to mornings, to the desk, to anchor spots. There's new photog shifts appearing out of nowhere. HOLY CRAP!
I'm glad I don't have to plan it all.
Hey now, look at the time... Friday night poker, here I come.

1 Comments:
Are you sitting at the table yet?
Also...did you see we hit 100 posts on AV Geeks?
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home