Sad...
My trusty Canon powershot has been at my side for three grueling years.
I got my camera for Christmas in 2002 and I promptly broke in it on a Spring semester abroad. I took it everywhere during my 5 months in Australia.


When I got back, it stayed with me. I lugged in my backpack my last year of college. It went with me to a seasons worth of band practices and football games.


I took it on my 6 state tour to the west coast.

And used it to document the craziness that is Hippieville News.

It never complained when I decided to leave the coast. And stayed by my side for my 7 state tour to the prairie land.


I've only been here since August, but I've taken my trusty partner everywhere. A quick look at iPhoto says that I've logged almost a thousand photos in the last five months.


I've had some little issues with it with it but never anything major. Electronics just don't last long, and with the use I've gotten out of mine I'm not surprised that it's not like new. I've brought it back to the store several times and it comes back fixed, but it's never quite the same. There are dings and nicks and the screen is cracked. But I love it anyway.
Tonight, while I was photographing a friends puppies, the sliding lens cover decided to slide out of whack. All the tiny taps and nudges won't get it back into place. I'm going to take it in to see if they can fix it, but I think I have to prepare myself for the inevitable. I'm afraid it may soon go to that great camera bag in the sky.
sad.

1 Comments:
*sniff sniff*
Say it ain't so!
Start saving up NOW! You can't have any down time!
I love exclaimation points!
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home