Lazy Friday
It's my day off.
While I typically lie around my apartment, watch bad tv, and check my e-mail twenty times every friday afternoon. This friday I decided to actually do something.
Sudoku.

I blame my dad for getting me addicted to this puzzle game. I was home for two days and that was all it took. I bought a book yesterday and have spent way too much time wondering if 5 or 6 fits in that box and where that blasted 3 goes.
Today I took my obsession to the coffee shop to at least get out of the house.


I spent at least an hour working on one puzzle. How nine numbers and 81 boxes have completely captured my attention... I don't know.

Maybe it's because it seems so easy. There are only nine numbers. There is only one way they can go in. It's not like a crossword... There are no three letter words that start with D. You don't have to find the answer to: CHIPS star with 7 letters, ending in A.
I drank my coffee and thought. I listened to some podcasts that had been piling up on my ipod and I considered the arrangements. I'd fill in the blanks with the possible numbers in pencil, ponder the placement, look for clues, erase my mistakes... All the while Napolean Dynamite stared at me.

"Why don't you get it finished already... GOSH!"
I could hear him mocking me.
"Whenever I wanna finish... GEEZ!"
I shot back at him.
And then... a breakthrough. That seven fits there. That can only be a two. If that's a two, that has to be six...
Finally,

SUCCESS!
Time to turn the page. The next one can't be that bad.

1 Comments:
KCA has been playing with those same books all week. Nerds.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home