Off The Coast

Friday, January 13, 2006

purple

There's a lot of things about the southern plains that I'm not used to.

For one thing, I grew up in the northern midwest. In that region there are four distinct seasons. Yes, it gets extrememly cold but I love the snow. During the summer the weather is perfect. Besides the seasons, this region has gorgeous lakes at practically every turn. The town I grew up in had five of it's own.

The state I live in now has hot, humid summers, brown, dry winters and has no naturally occuring lakes.

I moved from the "tundra" to the pacific northwest after I graduated from college. I can't say enough about that part of the country either. Mountains, ocean, pine trees, rivers and lakes are plentiful and it's green all year round. It does it's share of raining, but it's worth it for the green.

The region I live in now is no where near an ocean, hours from any sort of mountain, lacks in trees at all, and is so dry that even the rivers are drying up. And, as I said before, it's brown. Very brown.

It's a bit different, but there is one thing I can say. The prairie does a good sunset.



It's beautiful to the west and to the east.



Check out that purple. And the picture doesn't do it justice.

I find myself awestruck every night around 5. Everything turns the most amazing colors. Until I find the other natural wonders of the area, I guess this will do.

2 Comments:

At 10:01 AM, January 15, 2006 , Blogger AMO said...

I've tried to comment on your blog before, but it didn't work for some reason.

Love the pictures! You're making me homesick! ;)

 
At 10:02 AM, January 15, 2006 , Blogger AMO said...

Hey! It worked!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home