Writers block
I'm sans digital camera.
I generally like to back up my writing with the pictures I take. My words never seem to get my point across. I'm probably not a horrible writer, but I get frustrated by the experience. It doesn't come as easily to me and I struggle with my words and sentences. It never comes out right.
I have a suspision my frustration with writing stems from all the papers I wrote in college. When my professors assigned a paper I would promise myself, again and again, that I would start it early. But everytime I procrastinated. I stayed up all night the night before, tapping at the keyboard, forming the thesis and elaborating on the main points. I finished my 35 page honors thesis in three days. If that's not procrastination, I don't know what is.
The constant forced writing made the experience unpleasant. I don't enjoy it now.
But I love a good story.
And I love paper. I love blank pages all filled with potential. Each empty notebook page could be a great story. The abyss of white could be a sketch or an idea scribbled down for later. When I see a blank journal at the store I pick it up and flip through the crisp pages imagining all the things I could put inside. I own several notebooks and journals. The only problem is that most of my pages stay blank.
It's daunting trying to write a good story so I just don't write at all.
Not anymore. I'm going to take this "alone time" to start working on my writing.
Bear with me... it may not be pretty.

4 Comments:
From a fellow addicted blank book person .... lovely blog entry!
Write about how you save the world. The pictures would be far too dramatic anyway.
This was a well written post. I get more enjoyment out of finishing a post than writing it. So I focus on getting it done so I can feel good about it faster. As far as the photos go, I also freeze my video on the stations web computer. I don't have time to shoot with two different cameras.
Just keep writing and it will come easyer every time you write.
The writing for me started hard too. It's gotten easier(well a little). I think it will come easier when I find my style. I know I ain't no Lenslinger when it comes to weilding the mighty keyboard, but when I find my niche i think it'll flow like water. I've got the non-fiction down. The fictional post I put up several weeks ago was really hard.
I like your writing style. Keep up the dispatches from the flat lakeless tundra that is the southwestern midwest. Don't worry about the lack o' camera. Just do like any good photog would do...find a way to make slot. HA!
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home