Off The Coast

Monday, February 13, 2006

Lucky contestant

I finished my 6 sweeps epics and have been in limbo for the last week. I'll shoot some with the "i-team" and then become VOSOT bitch for the afternoon. Today was such a day.

Police department interview
Crazy Fire
Dead Guy
Finialize Wednesday's sweeps story
Two more interviews at the police department
Edit "I-Team" story for 5

It's odds and ends that someone has to do and I'm the lucky contestant.

The best part of the day was actually right after a producer, Amanda, and I interviewed an officer at the police department during my first trip there. Parking in the ramp connected to the building is hell. The police department is in the city center with the courthouse, city hall, and all those other fun public buildings. There's one little area in the ramp where the TV crews park. I don't think it's designated as such, but we do it anyway. This morning the ramp was busier than usual but I slid in along the little sidewalk well in front of another station's truck.

About a half an hour later after a very enlightening soundbyte from the officer, we returned to the news truck and noticed that three more cars had lined up along the little sidewalk. That's more than usual, and none of the others were news cars.

We approached my truck and I knew there was a problem.



Barely a foot between us... and someone had parked in front of me...



Problem.

Amanda stood outside and directed me all the way back. I tried to turn out any little bit and pulled forward (imagine Austin Powers stuck in the hallway). The biggest obstacle was the curb on the drivers side. Well, that and the other two cars.

There was no way out.



Amanda wrote down tags and tried to find someone to move.

Not being able to help much with that, I, after recently finding a way to put movies on my video iPod, decided to break out a little Kurt Russell as Herb Brooks and watch "Miracle" on the small screen.



Unfortunately, Amanda "saved the day" before it got to the good part.

Probably a good thing she got us out when she did... Just after our we got our freedom we were sent to a pretty sizable fire... Eh. It wasn't as good as a hockey movie, but it is what they pay me for.

2 Comments:

At 1:39 AM, February 14, 2006 , Blogger Mr KR said...

You know...there ARE other movies besides "Miracle". I know you may THINK that's the only movie that exists in the whole world...but i'm here to tell you: there's one or two others.

 
At 8:59 AM, February 14, 2006 , Blogger Unknown said...

Right. I've heard of these, so-called, "other movies"...

All crap.

Well, except Forrest Gump. I have that on my iPod too.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home