Off The Coast

Monday, February 27, 2006

Anywhere!

Two Mondays in a row may not be a trend, but it's an interesting coincidence.

Last Monday, some guy plowed through a business.

This Monday a old guy plowed through this ditch and went straight into the pond.


Can't see the pond? Well, I had a great shot of it until the Casino people kicked us off their hill. If you look carefully, right in front of my lens, there's a notch out of that hill. Through that you, and I, can see a bit of blue. And that's what I aimed through, pacing up and down the roadside to get the angle of the action. The other photogs, being the resourceful bunch that we are, all found their own way to get what they needed.



Channel 2 was way down there. I saw his video at 5 and he had a pretty good angle.



Channel 6 got a little live truck help. They got that truck out there fast and along with getting a good shot of the pond, they got a mast cam shot and also did a live shot. That's quick. I commend him for getting up there in the crazy wind we had today. I don't think I'd have kept myself upright.



Down on my end, I threw on my extender and got what I could. The boat in the water, the car being pulled out, all that fun stuff. I didn't mind getting kicked off the property, but added distance and the heavy prairie wind do not mix well. Zoomed in all the way with the 2x on, it looked like a freakin' earthquake.



I hope "Park Your Car Anywhere, Mondays" continue.

I wonder what the guy next week will come up with.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home