Off The Coast

Sunday, April 09, 2006

Catch up

Holy crap, a week and a half has passed. Work is busy, life is busy, time is flying by. Here's a short summary:

Special projects has let me go and once again I'm in the trenches of general assignment. I couldn't have asked for anything better. A whole set of stories from electioneering, school lunches, and tattoo laws, to murders, nursing faculty shortages and even a "peeping tom" massage therapist. It was a fun.

Rehearsals for the new morning show are well under way, and along with four new hours of news, the station has also gotten about twenty new people. New photographers, new reporters, new producers, so many new people to do stuff with. Baseball games, bowling, house parties, just about every night something is going on. It's awesome. I barely see the inside of my apartment anymore.

Thursday was the home opener of the local AA ball team. The top of the first inning was terrible for the home team. Going into the bottom of the 9th the score was 8-3 visitors, and 5 runs later we went into extra innings. Seven innings later (in the 16th), the game ended with a walk off home run by the home team. Helluva way to start the season.

Fridays are now softball nights. The newsroom has assembled a rag-tag group to play other city teams. We aren't great, but it's a good time filled with playing ball and bonding, Awwwwwww.

Now I leave you with a wonderous sight to behold:



A well groomed mullet.

I thank you.

1 Comments:

At 3:44 PM, April 13, 2006 , Blogger Kenneth said...

nice mullet. I'm going to have to dig out my old photos of me with long hair. Wait that may not be a good idea. I like the shots of your reporter on the phone.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home