Me? Boring?
So, I disappeared there for a couple weeks. Sorry 'bout that.
I was thinking of you, off and on, all coming to my page wondering what's new and me just not putting anything up.
You all like, "I'm sick of this photo and lame ass story. Let's get some new stuff out here! Entertain me!"
Me all like, "My life is so boring. There's nothing cool to share with people that doesn't make me look totally lame."
But who am I trying to impress. You all probably figured out that I'm really not that exciting a long time ago.
So here I'll share my fun-filled day of VOSOTS.
I woke up at 8. Yeah, I was supposed to be at work at 7:30. Oops! I jumped out of bed, called the station, and bolted out the door. They didn't have anything for me until 9 anyway. I shouldn't have rushed.
I showed up at the EXPO square promptly at 9 for VOSOT one. They're building a house inside the building... Kinda neat... But the coolest part? I got to drive into the EXPO center. Sure, it's like a big garage, but it was still kinda cool.

Yeah, I told you I was lame.
Then I went back to the station to wait around for my next story. At 11:00 I left again for story two. When I pulled out of my parking spot, I realized that Not a single photographer was at the station.

I thought it was kinda cool.
Okay, that was the most telling statement of this post. It shows how truly boring I am. I won't continue with the agonizing details of the rest of my day. It doesn't get any more exciting. I'm just glad I have an iPod in my car to keep me sane.

Now you see why I haven't bothered posting.

5 Comments:
You are so totally lame.
I'd quit.
I would like to hear more about the house being built inside a building. What is the EXPO center, it looks like an airplane hanger. How are they going to move the house after its built or will it stay inside the center? Why is a house being built inside another building anyway? Doesn't sound like a boaring story to me you just need to give us a few more details.
CJ
If you’re posting because you think you should, then that’s your wrong motivation. I came to this site via another like minded blogger and I stayed because I liked the idea of hearing about this job from a woman’s prospective.
Maybe in the US it’s different but certainly here in Australia, you would be in a unique position of being the only woman here in Melbourne.
Write because you want to. But if you go to a job, tell us a little more about it. You may think it’s dull but to others it may seem unusual. I’m also interested in the type of gear you use on various jobs and how you endeavor to achieve your goals when you leave the news room out on a story.
Tell it as it is, even if you think it may be dull and a little tip if I may……..
Respond to the people who pass comment on your blogs. It shows that you take an interest in what they say, as they do to you.
Keep up the blog,
Widescreen.
Colonel -
I thought the house being built in the EXPO center would be really neat until I got there. The EXPO center is like a convention center. It sits at the state fair grounds and holds events like car shows and exhibts during the fair. The house was being put together for a home and garden show taking place this weekend.
I was told in the office to just pull into the center and the house would be right there. I was dissapointed because it was a pre-fab house that they had trucked in, put on siding and finished the interior.
I was thinking drills, saws, wooden beams, lots of people... but it wasn't that cool. I have no idea what they're going to do with it when they are finished with it. I should have asked...
Widescreen-
I'm not posting because I think I should. When I haven't put up anything in a while I like to post something to let people know I haven't disappeared. I like to write about something that isn't the typical sex offender, crime, police, shooting stories I usually end up covering. I do it all day, I don't want to think about it when I'm at home.
Women photogs aren't very prevolent in the US either. I was the only one at my last market, and am one of three in this one. I appreciate that you have an interest in my view point.
I'll try to respond to comments in the future. I am interested in what y'all have to say. Except Dr. Gonzo. He's lame.
I like your stories. Remember the time we wanted to make movies staring gummy bears? I think your stories can be played out with gummy bears
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home