Off The Coast

Sunday, June 18, 2006

Trip: Part One

I've been back in town since Tuesday night, but have been in denial about it. It was my first vacation in almost a year. I went north to the great state of Minnesota, my home. I was there for almost a week and if I didn't need the paycheck I probably would have just stayed there.

Come on, would you want to leave cute nephews like these?





I got to see the little one for the first time. He's even more cute in person. And Mark, the older one, is already 2 and a half. He's so tall and fearless. Oh, to be two again.

The boys, their moms and I went to the zoo.



Mark likes all the animals. Joe, the little one, slept through most of it but the two of us had very important discussions about pigs and goats, sharks and dolphins, giraffes and meerkats. You know, all the important stuff any kid needs to know. When we got into the aquarium, Joe's eyes got so big. I thought they were going to pop out of his tiny head.

It was my Dad's birthday so we had quite a spread. Salads, turkey, and potatoes. My sister made this fantastic cake. Just seeing the picture of it makes my mouth water.



I bonded with the little guy.



In the next posts I'll write about the awesome-ness that is Minneapolis, and the great "tree-felling" of 2006. Oooo, the excitement.

HAPPY FATHER's DAY DAD!!!

1 Comments:

At 5:20 PM, June 19, 2006 , Blogger Widescreen said...

My brother in law is from St Paul and my wife works for Cargill based in Minneapolis.

My sister and hubby are heading back shortly to visit his family. 'Fargo' did much for that part of the country. May go myself when next my wife visits Head Office.

Ice fishing sounds cool!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home