Birthday
It's after midnight, I'm officially 24. WOO!
Last July 21st, I was flown from Hippieville to the Prairie for an interview. I had to get up at about 4am to make my flight. I got to the prairie at noon and immediately I realized how hot it was. Freakin' sorching (see previous entry). I stepped off the plane onto the jetway and I realized that I had no clue what I was getting into. Apparently it's hot in Oklahoma in July. Who knew.
It was my birthday and I was with a bunch of strangers, you know, that sucks, but whatever. I wanted the new job pretty badly. The kicker was that I hadn't eaten since dinner the night before.
You see, I didn't eat breakfast. Who wants to eat at 4AM? And when I was picked up by the cheif at noon, he didn't take me to lunch. He had a detailed itinerary. I met with everyone, got a tour of town, a tour of the station, all those typical things. All the while I was starving. I didn't mention anything until we went to dinner at 5, and the cheif felt terrible.
Anyway, he hired me, so that kind of made up for it, but it still works for the occasional guilt trip.
"You don't want to get me some new lamps? Well, remember that time you didn't feed me on my birthday, yeah."
See, it works well.
Hmmmm, maybe I can get lunch out of him tomorrow. Maybe I can convince him to let me keep that new tripod instead. Oh, the possibilities.

2 Comments:
It's been a year already?
Geeze!
Happy Birthday
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home