Off The Coast

Thursday, July 13, 2006

Hungry

Holy crap have I been busy. I've barely found time to eat in the past month, much less blog.

At my station it's hard news, breaking news all the time. July is my only chance I get to do a feature story. I get to do five all at once then I won't even get near one until next year.

You see, each week in July we go "on the road" to a town in the viewing area. We find five fun stories from each place and they run, one a night, from Sunday to Thursday. On Friday we go live in the town of the week for both our 5 and 9 shows.

There are four weeks in July, so we are doing four towns. The same reporter is doing all twenty stories. Four photographers split the workload and we get one week, so five stories. I have week three and have basically been working on my five stories since I got back from vacation. We shot and wrote all five in the same week, including a myriad of vosots. I've been trying to edit them in between my regualr daily duties.

I've been up and down the turnpike so much, I'm considering renting a room in my assigned town.

I finally finished all my shooting today and have three of the stories completed.

Only two more to go, then maybe things will calm down... maybe.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home