The machine
So reporters tend to get all the glory.
But I really don't mind. It's cool. I like being an anonymous cog in the news machine. It's a small price to pay for not being recognized at the grocery store.
Besides, I can wear shorts and a polo, torn up sneakers and pull my hair in a pony tail everyday and no one cares. It's a major bonus.
Although being a "cog" gets a little frustrating at times, I've found a way to get past the anger. I have found solace in the little things.
Little things, such as making a reporter stand in the heat of the blistering summer sun, AND the heat of an omni light.

And if the scene is perfect, at the same time the reporter is frying on the cement, trying to remember her intro and fighting forehead sweat, I, the trusty photographer, am standing calmly in the shade of a large leafy tree.

Oh, it's nice to be a "cog."

4 Comments:
“No guts, no glory” I think that’s the saying.
I remember a reporter berating me because I suggested she stay in the car. We were at a car accident. There were four dead and all had died horribly and the carnage was horrific.
She told me how she was a seasoned reporter with ample experience. At he point where a victim slumped out of the car when the Jaws of Life worked her free and her head hit the road, sounding like an egg cracking, that all I could hear was the reporter vomiting by the roadside.
Yep, no guts no glory. How they are all for the glory part, but that’s where the similarity ends. Baste them like supermarket chickens on a rotisserie under the Omni I say!
I love the photo under the tree. Thanks for the laugh.
Here's to Cog's everywhere!
Hahaha! :)
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home