Off The Coast

Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Is it time yet?

I'm ready for October.
I enjoyed the summer and was as dismayed as anyone to see that September was upon us. It is back to school and back to the cooler, shorter days. But now that the fall is clearly here and I can't do anything to fight it, I'm ready to get a move on. Let's go, September. Make room for October and the beginning of...

HOCKEY SEASON!

I'm back in a state that understands the importance of this great sport. With an NHL team, 5 Division 1 NCAA teams, and thousands of boys and girls hockey teams from high school on down, Minnesota is the proclaimed "state of hockey," and I don't doubt it.

I wasn't thinking about hockey until Saturday when I got a great assignment. Imagine with me now, this interlude between the assignment desk and myself.

"Can you go to the Mall of America to see the Wild hockey players model the new jerseys?"
"Ummmmm...... Seriously?"
"Yeah, it's at 7."
"I better go now..... In case there's traffic."

We are roughly 30 minutes from the mall. I tried to head out at 3... I was thwarted by a protest that needed coverage and didn't get there until nearly 7, but I didn't miss anything. I got a great spot right up front.

IMG_0718.JPG

Parrish and Gaborik showed off the new jerseys, answered questions and talked about the upcoming season. If you look closely, Parrish already has a black eye.

IMG_0716.JPG

I love hockey.

3 Comments:

At 6:54 PM, September 18, 2007 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I didn't even read the post...cause hockey sucks.

 
At 11:27 PM, September 18, 2007 , Blogger Unknown said...

No longer happy with a simple angry e-mail, Guapo has shifted his attention to the angry comment. Often seen as more difficult, the angry comment must get across a single furious diatribe in only a few sentences.

In only a few short months, Guapo has mastered this fine art - for an art it certainly is.

You only tear down the people you care about. I know you miss me.

 
At 10:26 AM, September 19, 2007 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

yeah. i do. and i had a bad day yesterday. thank you for your appreciation of my "art".

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home