Off The Coast

Sunday, December 11, 2005

Bikers

The station parking lot was overrun by bikers today.



We knew that they were coming. In fact, they were welcomed guests.

It was the 26th annual toy run for Toys for tots. Hundreds of bikers gathered by the river, drove around town, and ended at our parking lot. It was an incredible sight to watch them come in. It was a sea of leather and chrome. They filled the streets for miles. And each one of them had a toy or two strapped to the back. Hundreds of bikers, hundreds of bikes, hundreds of toys.

I went up on the roof to get a good shot and the sight was just overwhleming.



The weather was gorgeous and the bikers were so much fun to watch. All I needed was a chair and some snacks and I could have stayed up there all afternoon.



Clay thought so too.

I wish I had a picture of the mountain of toys they brought in.
It was HUGE!

The whole newsteam was there collecting toys. I think they collected toys for at least 2 hours straight. The line went out the building.

It was such a neat event.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home