Off The Coast

Tuesday, November 15, 2005

MOU_TAIN lion

There was a mountain lion sighted on the edge of town.
You'd think the world was going to end.

Today was the second day of "Cougar-gate" and the new guy and I were sent out into the cold to find a story.

No one wanted to talk. We had file of cougars, tracks (which the game warden said were dog tracks), and the trapper. But no interviews.
The warden didn't want to talk, the parks manager wasn't up for it. We were no where. We decided to head to the park to find Janna and Dave, who were also working on the story for the early shows (Yup, two crews on the cat). Check out this sign here. Apparently the people at the parks dept can't spell. "MOUTAIN" lion? Come on.

We, of course, had to take our picture by it.

After we left Janna and Dave, Justin and I eventually found an angle and got the story done.

We did a live shot for the 9 show at the subdivision where the cat was spotted. It was cold, dark and incredibly windy. Right in the middle of out live hit, the dust kicked up so badly. It blew directly into my face and I'm sure it sounded like Justin was in a tornado. I can still feel the dirt in my contacts.

Let's hope that "Cougar-gate" doesn't last too much longer. Large cats bring out a weird side of people. One guy we talked to tries to find the cat every night and hopes to kill it. Seriously now... I wouldn't want to be outside in the dark with a cougar. That's just not smart.

1 Comments:

At 6:52 PM, November 16, 2005 , Blogger Mr KR said...

Good post, CJ. You're well on your way to blogger brilliance. Keep it up...It mellows the mojo, man.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home