Girl
I work in a mans world. In order to fit into my role at work, I try to be one of the boys. I'm pretty good at it, but sometimes they forget that I'm a girl.
In no way does my girly side come out more than in my love for a good love story. In my opinion, the best love story of all times is my favorite book, Pride and Prejudice. And crazy enough, this book just came out in movie format.
I was skeptical about how they would take the book and slim it down to movie length. I also didn't know if I would like different actors in these classic roles. I read the story for the first time on a trip to England when I was 18. I fell in love. I have read it several times since and every time it just gets better.
But despite my reservations, I knew that I had to go... Especially when the trailer made me cry (yes, the freakin' trailer made me cry... I'm such a girl).
This movie was fantastic. Of course I loved the story, but was surprised at how much I enjoyed the visual style. The shots were beautiful. And they managed to take this story, which has always seemed to be a glamourized version of reality, and made it seem like it could have actually happened. The people weren't always perfectly clean and pristine. The neighboorhoods weren't perfect. They didn't hide the unpleasant side of life in that century. I really enjoyed that.
So boys, you probably won't like it. But if you like a good love story, I whole-heartedly recommend it.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home