Gear walk
I haven't had a chance to write this, although I've wanted to for the past 3 weeks. I started my new job, which is awesome. But the best part is the kick ass gear that they gave me.

Look at it all. Just sitting there all pretty and cool. I didn't even have gear at my old station. Now look at all the booty.
But there is a slight downside. I have to take all this in and out of the building everyday. Not a big deal except for the "obstacle course" that lies between my news truck and my closet.
First I put on the hip pack, load the lights on my back, the steady bag around my shoulders, my bag around the other shoulder, the camera in it's bag on the right shoulder and the tripod held in the left hand.
I then move it from the truck to the outside door.

Once I make it to this door I have to swipe my badge to get it. This of course requires me to put the tripod down carefully to get said badge out of my pocket. And inside the door I see this.

After I traverse down that hallway I turn the corner and see this...

No, that's not the same photo. It's another hallway. At this point I have lost feeling in my shoulder and have had to stop several times to get a better grip on my tripod and to pick up my badge (which I have been holding my my teeth since I walked in the door) The next thing I face is this...

Another locked door. I swipe my badge and get in that door. I then have another door to swipe to reach my destination.

MADE IT!

All I need to do now is fit all my gear into that tiny little space....

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home