Off The Coast

Friday, November 28, 2008

It's Black Friday!

I bought nothing the whole day! Nothing but a cup of coffee, but that doesn't really count. I avoided the traffic, the shoppers, the typical busy shopping day story... things are good.

Have I mentioned that my station is downtown? As in, right in the thick of things downtown. As in, I sometimes load my gear onto a cart, and walk down the street to cover stories, downtown. Tonight was one of those nights. It was the first night of the Holidazzle parade, and while every other night the parade clogs up traffic around the station, makes things difficult and generally drives me crazy, tonight I did a story on it, so it was cool. The parade runs eight blocks on the Nicollet Mall, starting at 11th. I work at the corner of 11th and Nicollet. Nice location.

We've decorated for the holiday.

IMG_1941

Good thing they started a fire. Gotta keep the hands warm.

Santa even made an appearance. I'm sure his December schedule is packed. It's nice that he could find time to see the kids on the mall in Minneapolis.

IMG_1949

The story turned out pretty cute. Liz is a good sport and we had fun shooting it. It was her first Holidazzle experience and she said it was "magical." In fact, she said that probably 20 times over the course of the night, and I think she may be exaggerating a bit.

While you're on the website, check out the 'Good Question' story that aired tonight. Hilarious.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home